The Building Inspection Division ensures compliance with the City’s ordinances regarding building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, gas, medical gas, and vacuum systems for residential and commercial occupancies; performs building plan review and assists in site plan review of all commercial and residential construction projects; and oversees plan review and inspections for fire alarm and fire sprinklers plans. The department personnel also serves as a resource to the building community, both professional and homeowner, for information and code requirements prior to permit issue.
Inspection requests can be made through the automated request line at 903-239-5598.
Currently, the City of Longview is under the following building codes:
- 2015 International Energy Code (IECC)
- 2012 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2012 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2012 International Fire Code (IFC)
- 2012 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC)
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- 2012 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2017 National Electric Code (NEC)