The Longview Police Department is currently accepting applications from all qualified individuals.Thank you for your interest in becoming a Police Officer with the Longview Police Department. A career with the Longview Police Department offers job satisfaction and community service. Law Enforcement is one of the most rewarding careers today, especially if you are a service oriented person and like the idea of a career that offers a variety of job assignments.
See below to find information about our hiring process, requirements, salary and benefits.
If you have any questions concerning these requirements or are interested in applying contact:
LONGVIEW POLICE RECRUITING
P.O. Box 1952
Longview, TX 75606-1952
For more information call: 903-239-5520.
The items listed below MUST accompany the application packet you turn in following the written exam and ability test. If you should be issued an application packet, it will speed up the process immensely if you will go ahead and obtain the necessary documents listed below. If you have any questions, please contact Sergeant Shaun Pendleton at 903-239-5520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copies of the following documents MUST be attached to your application in order for it to be accepted and considered. Certified copies may be required upon employment.
- Birth certificate: Certified copy
- Naturalization papers (if applicable) certified copy: You may make a copy of your naturalization certificate rather than requesting a new certified copy as this can take several months.
- Current valid driver's license
- High School transcript(s): Certified copy. Copy of a diploma is not acceptable
- College transcript(s): Transcripts from ALL colleges attended
- Military Form DD214 if applicable: Member Copy 4. The DD214 must state type of discharge
- Current motor vehicle insurance certificate: Proof of liability insurance
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) certification: If applicable
- Social Security Card
Click Here to Apply Online
Statement of Policy
The City of Longview shall promote and afford equal treatment and service to all citizens and to assure that all applicants are assured equal employment opportunity without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability unless such disability effectively prevents the performance of essential duties required by the position and which are bona fide occupational qualifications and which cannot be accommodated without undue hardship. The city shall operate within the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action guidelines set forth in Federal, State and local laws and regulations.