- Fire Department
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Ambulance Subscription Program
Ambulance Subscription Program
The City of Longview through the Emergency Medical Services provided by the Fire Department is committed to providing quality, affordable emergency ambulance care as a service to all residents of Longview. Since 2009, the Longview Fire Department has offered an Ambulance Subscription Program to Longview residents in an attempt to help offset the rising cost of out-of-pocket medical expenses. With the typical cost associated with EMS transports averaging $800 - $1000 per response, the program limits any out-of-pocket EMS expenses to $70/year. For the Longview resident, that $70 annual fee is the maximum out-of-pocket expense for EMS transport to either of Longview’s two hospitals. One Ambulance Subscription Program membership can include the applicant and immediate family members living at the same address (coverage includes, spouse, unmarried and financially dependent children up to 26 years of age.).
Enrollment and renewal periods for the Ambulance Subscription Program run from October 1 – December 31 annually for the subsequent year.
This subscription program is an optional plan available to any Longview resident enrolled in a medical insurance plan except Medicaid recipients.
Statistics show one in four Longview residents will need emergency care sometime in their lives. Because members are not worrying about the ambulance bill, they are calling for help sooner. Results prove that prompt emergency attention increases survival rates.
Participants will pay only $70.00 per year for emergency ground ambulance service. This fee can be paid through a one-time payment by check, cash, money order or Visa/Master Card or Discover.
- Must be a resident of Longview, Texas
- Enrolled in a medical insurance plan for head of household, spouse, and any unmarried dependent children under 25 years of age and a full time student.
- Other dependents of the household must have court documented guardianship papers
- Medicaid recipients cannot participate in this program
- Authorization for the City of Longview to obtain entitled benefits from insurance carriers and Medicare will be required.
- No out-of-pocket expenses for emergency ground ambulance use
- Unlimited emergency (only) transports per enrolled member
- Coverage for all eligible household members
Terms of Agreement
- This subscription is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Violations of the terms of the agreement or false information entered on the subscription application may result in immediate cancellation of the subscription.