- Community Services
- Volunteer Programs
- Volunteer Opportunities
City Departments are always interested in people that want to help their community and be a part of increasing services to citizens. Volunteers can participate in various activities from beautification projects to drug prevention to office assistance and many others. A volunteer also has the ability to increase their skills based on their choice of activities.
Things to consider:
What are your interests? What are your special skills?
How would you like to help? What would you like to learn?
Complete the Volunteer Application and make an appointment for an interview at the Volunteer Center located in the Housing Building at 1202 N. Sixth Street. An interview is required to complete the application process. Please call 903-237-1390 for an appointment.
The volunteer process includes:
- Print and complete the Volunteer Application or contact the Volunteer Center for information or hard copy application 903-237-1390.
- Contact the Volunteer Coordinator for an interview.
- Screening Interview are conducted by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Background checks may be conducted as determined by volunteer opportunity.
- A volunteer may be sent to a City Department for an Assignment Interview.
- Volunteers may have a second Interview by the Department Volunteer Supervisor.
- There is the option for the Department Coordinator and Volunteer to accept or deny the assignment.
- In-person interviews are mandatory for Level II Volunteers and may be required for Level I Volunteers if necessary depending on the volunteer activity.
- If you are applying for the Accessible Parking Enforcement Program you must also include the Longview Police Department Volunteer Application.
- If you are applying for the Community Emergency Response Team you must also include the Longview Gregg County CERT Application.
- Background checks may be required for any volunteer opportunity.
- The City of Longview may change, end, or terminate a volunteer assignment (opportunity or program) at any time.
- Volunteers will have a trial and assessment period.
Community Volunteer Opportunities
There are several community organizations throughout Longview that regularly utilize volunteers. Information and volunteer opportunities about several of those organizations can be viewed by visiting the external sites listed below, which are not administered by the City of Longview.