Pedestrian Transit Access Plan
In 2013, the MPO, in conjunction with the City of Longview and Longview Transit, contracted Freese & Nichols Inc. (FNI) to conduct a PedestrianTransit Access Study.
The Pedestrian Transit Access Plan focuses on identifying potential capital improvements along the focus corridors that will:
- connect current land uses with transit stops;
- connect market segments, such as LeTourneau University, retail centers, medical facilities and the Lear Park complex, to the multimodal complex;
- and create improved, safe, ADA compliant, and attractive passenger access.
The goal of this plan was to identify barriers that exist for pedestrians between the origins and destinations along the transit routes.Examples of barriers may include missing links of sidewalk between residential areas and the transit routes or pedestrian signals at high volume intersections. Simply put, barriers are existing conditions that hinder or prevent pedestrians, within a reasonable walking distance, from accessing transit services. Once identified, this plan formulated strategies to address the barriers, prioritize the work needed and develop implementation strategies based on available funding sources.
The various chapters of the plan are located below:
- Take our Transportation Survey! Help us plan for the future of transportation in the greater Longview area! Share your priorities on how to improve highways, freight movement, transit routes, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and much more!
- Our FY 2018 TxDOT Annual Project Listing is now available! Projects in this report are broken down into four categories: highway, grouped projects, transit and bicycle & pedestrian.
- The Longview MPO Unified Planning Work Program has been revised and is available for your review. The Work Program outlines transportation planning activities and studies for MPO staff
- Please review our 2019 - 2022 Transportation Improvement Program, which is a plan that identifies federally funded highways, bridges, bicycle & pedestrian projects, and Longview Transit public transportation projects.
- Please check out our Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan, WalkBike Longview, which is a plan for enhancing walking and biking in the greater Longview area.
- Bike survey results are now available! Click here to see what kind of suggestions and challenges were identified for walking and biking in the greater Longview area.