The Policy Board is the top-level transportation planning board providing both review and policy guidance for transportation planning efforts undertaken by the planning staff of the City of Longview acting as the Metropolitan Planning Organization and by the Texas Department of Transportation. The MPO is governed by a Policy Board composed of elected officials and senior staff members from Longview, White Oak, Gladewater, Gregg County, Harrison County, Upshur County, and the Texas Department of Transportation. Representatives of the Federal Highway Administration, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and the State Representatives serve as nonvoting members of the Policy Board. The board is chaired by the Mayor of Longview and includes eleven voting members.
- This board meets quarterly or as needed in the City Hall Council Chamber, 300 W. Cotton St., Longview, TX, 75601. Scheduled meetings include:
- 10 a.m., Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2018
- 10 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018
Policy Committee Members:(* denotes voting member)
- Hon. Andy Mack, Longview Mayor *
- Hon. Bill Stoudt, Gregg County Judge *
- Hon. Kyle Kutch, White Oak Mayor *
- Hon. Dean Fowler, Upshur County Judge *
- Hon. J.D. Shipp, Gladewater Mayor *
- Keith Bonds, Longview Acting City Manager *
- Glenn Green, TxDOT District Engineer, Tyler *
- Rolin McPhee, Longview Dir. of Public Works *
- Mike Anderson, TxDOT District Engineer, Tyler *
- Phillip Mauldin, Harrison County Commissioner *
- Michael Shirley, Longview Dir. of Development Services.*
- Chris Paddie, State Representative
- Justin Morgan, Federal Highway Admin.
- Jay Dean, State Representative
- Nick Page, TxDOT Austin
- The Longview MPO Unified Planning Work Program has been revised and is available for your review. The Work Program outlines transportation planning activities and studies for MPO staff
- Please review our 2019 - 2022 Transportation Improvement Program, which is a plan that identifies federally funded highways, bridges, bicycle & pedestrian projects, and Longview Transit public transportation projects.
- Please check out our Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan, WalkBike Longview, which is a plan for enhancing walking and biking in the greater Longview area.
- Bike survey results are now available! Click here to see what kind of suggestions and challenges were identified for walking and biking in the greater Longview area.
- Updates to our Public Participation Plan have been adopted and can be viewed here. This Plan serves as the MPO's guide to ensure the public is fully informed and has opportunities to express opinions and concerns.
- Revisions to the 2017-2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) for FY 2018 & 2019 have been adopted and are available for reference.
- Please review our FY 2017 Annual Project Listing. Projects in this report are broken down into four categories: highway, grouped projects, transit and bicycle & pedestrian.