eBooks & eAudiobooks
OverDrive:eBooks & eAudiobooks of popular nonfiction and fiction titles for readers of all ages.
You will need an active Longview Public Library Card and a password.
To reset your password, please come in to the Front Desk.
For most devices, you will need to download the OverDrive Media Console app.
You can check out up to 5 books for 14 days. Titles can be renewed, as long there are no holds on the title.
Getting Started With OverDrive:
- Click on the OverDrive logo above to access the Northeast Texas Digital Consortium catalog.
- Click Sign In.
- Select Longview Public Library from the drop down menu.
- Sign in using your Longview Public Library borrower’s card number (without the spaces) and your pin/password.
- Browse for a title you would like to check out. The icon in the upper right hand of the cover, a book for text format andheadphones for audiobook, will be black is available and gray if checked out.
- Click on the cover for more information or to check out that book.
- Once you’ve made a choice, click on “Borrow.” *If the book is checked out, you can select “Add to your Wish List" or "Place a Hold".
- Click Download and select the appropriate format.
- Click Confirm & Download.
Help For Using OverDrive With Specific Devices:
For more help, check out our details instructions here:
- Apple (iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc)
- Kindle (Classic black and white screen)
- Kindle Fire / HD
- PC (computer)
hoopla:hoopla offers movies, TV shows, eBooks, eAudiobooks, music albums, comic books, and more with no waiting, no holds, and no late fees. Accessible on any computer and/or mobile device via free hoopla app. Click the image below to get started today! For detailed instructions, please click here.
EBSCOhost eBooks:EBSCO offers nonfiction and fiction titles.
To get started:
- Click on the EBSCOhost logo above to browse their eBook catalog.
- Create a My EBSCOhost account
- Install Adobe® Digital Editions
- Click on the desired title
- Click “Download This eBook (Offline)
- Click Download