eBooks & eAudiobooks
OverDrive:eBooks & eAudiobooks of popular nonfiction and fiction titles for readers of all ages.
You will need an active Longview Public Library Card and a password.
To reset your password, please come in to the Front Desk.
For most devices, you will need to download the OverDrive Media Console app.
You can check out up to 5 books for 14 days. Titles can be renewed, as long there are no holds on the title.
Getting Started With OverDrive:
- Click on the OverDrive logo above to access the Northeast Texas Digital Consortium catalog.
- Click Sign In.
- Select Longview Public Library from the drop down menu.
- Sign in using your Longview Public Library borrower’s card number (without the spaces) and your pin/password.
- Browse for a title you would like to check out. The icon in the upper right hand of the cover, a book for text format andheadphones for audiobook, will be black is available and gray if checked out.
- Click on the cover for more information or to check out that book.
- Once you’ve made a choice, click on “Borrow.” *If the book is checked out, you can select “Add to your Wish List" or "Place a Hold".
- Click Download and select the appropriate format.
- Click Confirm & Download.
Help For Using OverDrive With Specific Devices:
For more help, check out our details instructions here:
- Apple (iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc)
- Kindle (Classic black and white screen)
- Kindle Fire / HD
- PC (computer)
hoopla:hoopla offers movies, TV shows, eBooks, eAudiobooks, music albums, comic books, and more with no waiting, no holds, and no late fees. Accessible on any computer and/or mobile device via free hoopla app.
All you’ll need is your valid number, the password/PIN number for your Library Card, and a valid e-mail address to create your free account!
To Create An Account:Go to and click “Sign In” in order to create an account or sign in.
Using Hoopla On Mobile Devices:To stream or download on a smartphone or tablet, you will need to download the FREE hoopla Digital app (various links are below, and are also available at hoopladigital.com). The app will lead you through the simple signup process to create your free account (you will need your valid Library Card number and an e-mail address).
Using Hoopla On Computers/Laptops:
On a computer, hoopla is available for streaming only and requires an Internet connection. If you are having trouble watching movies on your computer or laptop, you may need to download and install the Widevine video player plug-in. If this is required, your computer should automatically re-direct or prompt you to install the video player.
Hoopla Kids Mode:
Kids Mode makes discoverability of children's content easier for parents and kids. While in Kids Mode, all content shown will be suitable for children up to age 12! To activate Kids Mode, simply go into your hoopla Settings.
Hoopla Help:- For FAQs, help search, and the Widevine link (a free download from Google), check out Hoopla's Help page.
- Watch informational videos on hoopla’s YouTube page.
- You may also contact Cesareo Salazar at (903) 237-1351 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional help.
EBSCOhost eBooks:EBSCO offers nonfiction and fiction titles.
To get started:
- Click on the EBSCOhost logo above to browse their eBook catalog.
- Create a My EBSCOhost account
- Install Adobe® Digital Editions
- Click on the desired title
- Click “Download This eBook (Offline)
- Click Download