Computer workstation use is a privilege and should be treated as such by all users. Library staff has the right to determine the appropriateness of workstation use and can at any time require a patron to leave the workstation.
The Library strives to keep computers working and available for use; however Library computers may be unavailable to the public due to maintenance, upgrade, training or other reasons.
The computers automatically shut down thirty (30) minutes prior to the Library closing and Library staff cannot extend a patron’s time beyond that deadline. All work must be saved prior to this time.
To use or reserve a computer:
• You will need your 13-digit library card number and PIN.
• Check in with lab monitor in computer lab upon arrival for keyboard, mouse, and computer assignment.
Upon completion of session, please log off computer and return keyboard/mouse to the sanitizing cart next to the lab monitor.
• Computer sessions are for 2 hours total.
• If necessary, time extension is allowed for working on things like homework and job applications.
There must be open computers available, and no patron reservations to uphold.
See the lab monitor or front desk at least 5-10 minutes before your time session runs out so they can properly extend time for that computer.
• Limited staff assistance and contact. We will be happy to assist and guide you with your computer tasks, but we cannot actively sit with you, or do the typing/work for you.
Please call ahead, (903) 237-1350 if you have any questions or need additional assistance.
Computer Use Policy
Computer Lab Hours:
• Monday: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
• Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM
• Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
• Thursday: 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM
• Friday: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
• Saturday: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
• Sunday: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM