Haunted Library 2023
Are you ready for another stroll through the Haunted Library?? We hope you can make it through again!
For two nights we will transform the entire library into a terrifying haunted house and the stacks become a dark lair of monsters, frights, and spirits!
October 20 & October 21 from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
We will close on these days, and regular library services will be unavailable this time.
Please note that the library will also be closed all day on October 19 for set up time.
Curbside Library Pickup will only be available from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (on Oct. 19 & 20).
The outside drops will remain open for returns.
Usually you know to be quiet when you're in the library.
We'll make an exception for screaming this time!
• $5.00 per person (all ages)
Haunted Library has grown exponentially, and we now see over 3,000 patrons during the two-night event!
Due to the cost of materials and size to which the event has grown, the Friends of the Longview Public Library, a non-profit organization that sponsors and supports Library programming, is charging a nominal entry fee to Haunted Library.
Admission cost will be considered a donation to the Friends, and will be used to aid future library programs and purchase new Library books!
- Prior to the event, a limited amounts of pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase at the Library during business hours.
Tickets will also be sold in the line outside on the days of the event.
- Those who purchase a ticket prior to the day of event will receive line priority and may enter the Haunted Library via a separate line before those who did not purchase a ticket ahead of time.
- Cash and cards are both accepted as payment.
- Patrons must present a ticket for entry to the event.
- Due to potentially large crowds, patrons should arrive by 7:00 PM to guarantee entry into the Haunted Library.
- No refunds for tickets under any circumstances as this is a fundraiser for the Friends of the Longview Public Library.
Haunted Library is a project of many working parts, and lots of volunteers are needed!
Volunteers primarily scare our patrons at the event in our many different scare zones.
But, they can also help with set up and tear down, prop building, advertising, and makeup.
You MUST be signed up as a volunteer, and attend one orientation date prior to the event in order to participate.
Anyone who shows up in costume and is not on our volunteer list will NOT be allowed to volunteer.
If interested in volunteering for the Haunted Library, or would like more information, please contact us at (903) 237-1350 or by email.
Volunteer Orientation Dates
• Wednesday, September 27, 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
• Saturday, October 7, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
• Wednesday, October 11, 5:30 PM-7:00 PM
• Saturday, October 14, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
The following rules are for the safety of Library staff, volunteers, and patrons, and will be strictly enforced.
Anyone caught in violation of these rules will be escorted out of the Haunted Library.
- No running or pushing.
- No strollers.
- No photos or videos.
- No touching actors or props. Our actors WILL NOT touch you, so please do not touch us!
The Haunted Library is a full-fledged haunted house, complete with fake blood, various frights, and high-impact scares; therefore, it is recommended for patrons ages 10+.
While our Haunted Library is by no means extreme, it will most definitely be very creepy, and there will be lots of loud noises, scares, and potentially frightening props/costumed people.
We strongly advise parents to use caution and discernment when deciding whether or not to bring children to the Haunted Library.
If you decide to bring your children and they are too scared to enter the Haunted Library, please be respectful of other patrons and do not force them to participate.
Patrons can expect to experience loud audio and visual effects that will include strobe lights and fog, creating low visibility.
Our environments can be physically demanding. Patrons should not participate if they are pregnant, have any physical limitations, are prone to seizures, or have heart or respiratory problems. Patrons using crutches, or wearing a cast or brace, are not recommended to participate.
All patrons who enter the Haunted Library do so at their own risk.
Patrons who appear to be intoxicated will NOT be admitted.
Check out the photo galleries of past Haunted Libraries on our Facebook page as well!