Metropolitan Transportation Plan Update
What is an MTP?
The Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) is a fiscally constrained, performance-based plan that identifies transportation needs in the region for the next 25 years (2045). It outlines the Longview Area’s strategy to manage and operate a multi-modal transportation system including transit, highway, bicycle, pedestrian, and ADA accessible transportation. The MTP outlines how the area plans to allocate transportation funding for regionally significant projects. Longview MPO’s current 2040 MTP
What is Performance-Based Planning?
In order to provide more transparency in the selection and prioritization of transportation projects, federal legislation requires a performance-based planning process in the development of the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP). A component of performance-based planning includes setting targets for performance measures in key areas by specific federal deadlines. Performance-based planning is an iterative process where we have the opportunity to track our progress towards goals and make adjustments aimed at a better performing transportation system.
How can I get Involved?
- Attend upcoming public engagement meetings in 2019. These meetings will be scheduled at a later date and posted on the MPO website.
- Request a presentation for your organization by emailing Longview MPO
- Check back here for status updates!
As part of the MTP Update, the Regional Thoroughfare Plan will also be updated. Check the Thoroughfare Plan page for more details!
- Please review our draft FY 2018 TxDOT Annual Project Listing. Projects in this report are broken down into four categories: highway, grouped projects, transit and bicycle & pedestrian.
- The Longview MPO Unified Planning Work Program has been revised and is available for your review. The Work Program outlines transportation planning activities and studies for MPO staff
- Please review our 2019 - 2022 Transportation Improvement Program, which is a plan that identifies federally funded highways, bridges, bicycle & pedestrian projects, and Longview Transit public transportation projects.
- Please check out our Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan, WalkBike Longview, which is a plan for enhancing walking and biking in the greater Longview area.
- Bike survey results are now available! Click here to see what kind of suggestions and challenges were identified for walking and biking in the greater Longview area.