Mobility 2045 - MTP Update
Mobility 2045 - is the Longview Area's defining vision for addressing the multi-modal transportation needs of the community over the next 25+ years. The planning area for this project includes the cities of Longview, Lakeport, White Oak, Clarksville City, Warren City, Gladewater, Union Grove, and East Mountain. Mobility 2045 guides the implementation of multi-modal transportation improvements, policies, and programs needed to meet the needs of Longview Area travelers through the year 2045.
Mobility 2045 consists of two transportation planning documents:
- Metropolitan Transportation Plan 2045 - A federally required, fiscally constrained, performance-based plan that identifies transportation needs for the next 25 years.
- Regional Thoroughfare Plan 2045 - A long-range plan that identifies the location and type of roadway facilities needed to meet the projected long-term growth in the region. See the 2040 Thoroughfare Plan here
Check out the draft Metropolitan Transportation Plan and Thoroughfare Plan to learn more about how we plan to address the transportation needs of the greater Longview area! A 30-day public comment period concludes on October 25th.
How can I get Involved?Want to see where the most congested roadways are? What intersections have the most crashes? What areas are growing the fastest? Our Mobility 2045 interactive map can answer these questions and more!
Thank you to everyone who took our Mobility 2045 survey! We appreciate your feedback and interest in planning for the future of the Longview area's transportation system.
You can also request a presentation for your organization by emailing Longview MPO
Mobility 2045 Timeline
As part of Mobility 2045, the Regional Thoroughfare Plan will also be updated. See the 2040 Thoroughfare Plan here.
- Check out the draft Metropolitan Transportation Plan and Thoroughfare Plan to learn more about how we plan to address the transportation needs of the greater Longview area! A 30-day public comment period concludes on October 25th.
- The new FY 2020 & FY 2021 Unified Planning Work Program is available for your review. The UPWP outlines transportation planning activities and studies for MPO staff.
- Our FY 2018 TxDOT Annual Project Listing is now available! Projects in this report are broken down into four categories: highway, grouped projects, transit and bicycle & pedestrian.