We know it’s up to us to help residents know what is coming up in the City of Longview. We use all sorts of methods to communicate with residents including CityView Municipal Television, our website, more than 50 social media channels and Text/Email Updates. The Media Development helps coordinate the city’s communication efforts and updates many of the city’s information channels.
- CityView Municipal Television is our award-winning, 24-hour channel. CityView provides information and videos about municipal government, services, news and events.
- WeatherView TV hosts a live Doppler radar feed with audio from the National Weather Service to keep residents informed during severe weather. It also displays current weather conditions and upcoming forecasts.
- Our website includes more than 1,000 pages to keep accurate and up-to-date.
- The city has more than 50 social media channels, including more than 142,000 combined likes on our Facebook pages.
- Other communications efforts include graphic design for all City of Longview printed material including brochures, water bills, flyers and posters.
Media Relations - Listing of contact information for various departments.