Coronavirus Hotline 903-237-1215 or Email
The City of Longview is working with the Gregg County Health Department and Northeast Texas Public Health District to monitor the potential spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). These pages provide useful tips, information, and updates regarding Coronavirus and its impact on Longview and East Texas.
For current statistics for Longview, Gregg County, and East Texas, please check the Northeast Texas Public Health District (NET Health) website.
- 07-16-2020 Free COVID-19 Testing Beginning Monday, July 20
- 07-02-2020 Governor Issues Order Requiring Face Coverings
- 07-02-2020 Governor Abbott Establishes Statewide Face Covering Requirement, Issues Proclamation to Limit Gatherings (Texas)
- 06-26-2020 Governor Abbott Takes Executive Action To Contain Spread Of COVID-19 (Texas)
- 06-12-2020 Governor Abbott Extends Disaster Declaration In June 2020 Amid COVID-19 Pandemic (Texas)
- All City of Longview News Releases
Tips for Prevention
While Texas begins to reopen, personal actions by individuals remain vital to keeping themselves, their families, coworkers and our community healthy. Please remember the following good health habits:
- Continue to avoid social gatherings
- All individuals and businesses should follow social distancing requirements and minimize in-person contact.
- Households should limit the number of people going to retail stores. Choose one person in your family to go to the store when you have a need. There is no reason for an entire family to be going to an “essential” store. Leave your children at home with another adult if at all possible.
- Residents are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth when out in public. However, please refrain from using medical-grade masks, so they may be reserved for healthcare workers and first responders.
- More Tips for Prevention
Links for more info
- Executive Order GA-29 Relating to the Use of Face Coverings during COVID-19
- Outdoor Event Process During COVID-19
- TX COVID-19 Test Collection Sites (DSHS)
- Gregg County Health Department
- Northeast Texas Public Health District (NET Health)
- Texas Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas & Checklists (Texas)
- Other Helpful Links