Frequenly Asked Questions

How do I rent a pavilion?

Pavilions can be rented by either calling the Parks Office or by going online to reserve a time slot. Hourly fees may apply when reserving a pavilion. 

Where can I find information about swim lessons?

Learn to Swim packets are available in March and registration begins in April. Group, semi-private, and private lessons are all available year round. For more information on the Learn to Swim program, click here

How can I register myself or a family member online?

Registering online is simple and easy! Click here to visit our online registration system. 

What kind of youth sports programs does the City of Longview offer?

The City of Longview currently offers youth basketball in the fall as well as two youth special events. For other sports leagues, the Parks Department works with associations throughout the community to provide a well rounded youth program. 

Where is your office located?

The Parks Office is located at 130 E. Timpson Street. We are situated south of Cotton Street, west of Mobberly Avenue and east of Green Street. 

How can I tell if my league games have been rained out?

The Rainout Hotline is the most up to date tool for adult league games. Be sure to save the number in your phone, 903-237-1118.

How can I reserve a field for league practice?

Parks leagues can reserve a field for practice by phone or walk in for a flat rate of $10.00 per hour for a maximum of two hours. 

How can I reserve a field for a tournament?

To reserve a field for a tournament, call the Parks and Recreation Office.

Who should I contact if I see litter, downed trees, or issues blocking the right of way?

The City of Longview has put great efforts in making it easy for citizens to alert the correct departments of issues they see throughout the community. City Send is a user friendly app that allows a passerby to report any problems they may have seen. 

Can I rent the pool for a private party?

Yes, absolutely! The outdoor pools can be rented for a private party during the open season. Click here for the outdoor pool rental packet. The indoor pool at Paula Martin Jones Recreation Center can also be rented. To check on available times, call the recreation center at 903-239-5500.

When are the outdoor pools open?

Generally, the outdoor pools are open for business from the first weekend in June to the middle of August. More information about the outdoor pools can be found by checking out the Aquatics page. 

What type of adult leagues does the City of Longview offer?

The Parks Department currently offers adult leagues in four seasons:

Spring - softball and kickball
Summer - softball and kickball
Fall - softball and kickball
Winter - basketball and flag football