The Longview Animal Care and Adoption Center is always seeking volunteers. The Longview PAWS (Pets are Worth Saving) nonprofit organization provides critical support for the facility, and volunteers are overseen by Community Outreach Coordinator Whitney Higginbotham.
If you are interested in volunteering at the shelter, you must fit the following:
- Be at least 18 years or older to volunteer alone or a minimum of 13 years old supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Have a working email account, as this is how all volunteer communication is shared.
- Must be willing to complete a orientation/training/tour of the shelter.
- Once training is complete, must be able to commit to at least 6 hours of volunteer time a month.
- Must be comfortable with animals of all sizes.
- A mature, upbeat, respectful attitude is required at all times as you are an extension of our lacac team.
- Must be willing to understand and support our LACAC mission.
For more information, please call the Longview Animal Care and Adoption Center at 903-297-7387.