Check out the Longview Fire Department’s Emergency Checklist and Emergency Supply Kit recommendations so you and you are family are ready for whatever life brings your way.
Basic Preparedness Tips
- Discuss with your family and friends how to respond to disaster situations.
- Draw a floor plan of your home.
- Mark two escape routes.
- Learn how to turn off water, gas and electricity at your location.
- Teach children how and when to use emergency telephone numbers for help (9-1-1 where available).
- Pick one out-of-area and one local family member or friend to call if you get separated when you evacuate.
- Pick a place and an alternate outside your home to meet in case of fire.
- Keep family records and other important papers in a water and fireproof container.
- Make arrangements for pets if you evacuate.
- Let others know when you leave, where you are going, and when you expect to arrive.