Summer is just around the corner, and that means it's Summer Reading Club time at the library!
No one wants to experience a "summer slide" in their reading skills.
With Summer Reading Club, you can have fun and encourage kids to learn and grow while on break!
We incorporate educational and entertaining daily activities throughout Summer Reading Club to keep kids engaged and learning.
There are also prize opportunities for completion of weekly reading goals and special activities.
This year's theme for SRC is "Oceans of Possibility."
Summer is the best time to dive into the vast possibilities and adventures that go hand and hand with reading and YOUR library!
• Kids ages 0 -18 are eligible to sign up for SRC.
• Registration can be done online using Beanstack, or in-person at the youth services desk.
• Pre-registration runs May 1 - June 6.
• You do not have to have a library card to participate in SRC, but it is encouraged to get one so you can check out books to complete the weekly reading goals! Learn how to get a library card under the "My Account" tab in the library home page menu.
• The last official day to register for SRC is July 13.
Everyone who gets signed up between May 1 - June 2 can also come pick up a FREE GOODIE BAG here at the library!
It's first come, first serve while supplies last, so get registered soon and swing by the youth services desk!
Look for a calendar of daily events to be posted soon here on our website and on the library's Facebook page.
We're really excited to have everyone here at the library this summer, and if you have any questions about getting signed up, please feel free to contact (903) 237-1345 during business hours, or send us an online message.
Click here to return Library home page.